Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Haulin' Hay

Every year for as long as I can remember we have hauled hay.
But I have never thought of it as work! Probably because I always
drove the tractor, but now that I'm old enough and able I have to
help throw bales on the trailer. Easy enough right... no, on top of
it I have hay fever!! When I touch the hay I break out in hives,
my eyes itch, I cough and I can't breathe! And I'm not the only one
I have two brothers with the same thing and my mom has it too.
And now we have found out Tate also has it!!! So you really can't
complain when there are others working hard, and as sick as you.
But I still love getting up there and seeing my kids have fun
just like I did when I was there age. And showing them
hard work. The summer has just begun, there is more
hay to be cut and bailed and there is nothing better
then looking over a empty field, and the barn is full.

Tate in the barn getting ready for the load to come in.



















My dad with the little girls! They are not much help:)














The first load coming off the field














Tyler not happy to be here!! would rather be fishin'

1 comment:

  1. I think it is all great. A family that plays together (or works) stays together.
    Who thought we would ever enjoy hauling hay, but we do. I guess it is that we have accomplished something.

    One thing, none of us are afraid of a little work. Oh how we all love AVON!

    ReplyDelete